11 November 2008

Planning the Ride

I know that what I am about to do on the back of a white ST1300 Honda (police bike), may seem crazy to you and most other people, but it has been a dream that I have had since I can remember. I have taken on the challenge of traveling across to Victoria via the south west of WA with my friend Colin.(A Harley was more accurate in my dream, but never mind.)
Everyone I know has a dream of doing something in their life as I did. Only difference is, I'm about to realize that dream. Yahoo!!!
I know that there will be some hard times but also know that the good times will be awesome.
The plan is to go where our noses take us and to end up in Melbourne by the 5th December where Colin is house sitting, by the sea.
Over the past fortnight, I have been out searching the bike shops for my protective riding gear.  I think I tried on everything available for women in Perth, as the selection is very limited but I did finally find the right outfit in a little shop in Angove St, North Perth where they have the biggest range of bike clothing in Perth. The jacket and pants both have padding covering the elbows, back, hips and knees which is the minimum protection needed. Then there is the helmet, the most essential safety part of the outfit. Colin purchased two of the best you can buy for maximum protection.

I'm so excited and apprehensive about this journey of a lifetime and would love to share it with you as I go...so keep checking this site for updates and you can read more....

No comments: